Need to delete a profile on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One? Perhaps you used to share a console with a friend or sibling, or maybe you don’t need your old account anymore. This also comes in handy if you sign in on a friend’s console to play an online game together.
Whatever the case, you can easily remove old profiles and accounts on your Xbox console. Here’s how to do it for both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
How to Delete Profiles on Xbox 360
- Scroll to Settings and select System, then Storage.
- If you don’t have an external storage device, select Hard Drive. Those with external storage should select All Devices instead.
- Choose Profiles and pick the profile you want to delete. Select Delete.
- Choose Delete Profile Only to keep its saved games and achievements, or Delete Profile and Items to completely remove everything.
How to Delete Profiles on Xbox One
- Press the Xbox button to open the Guide.
- Flip over to the gear icon, then choose Settings.
- Navigate to Account > Remove accounts.
- Select an account to remove, then choose Remove to confirm it.
- Choose Close when you’re all done.
That’s all you need to do to remove an unwanted profile from your Xbox 360 or Xbox One. Keep in mind that while this will remove local data, like sign-in info and saved data that wasn’t uploaded to online storage, any data kept in the cloud is still safe. So if you synced achievements or played online games on the account, that information is protected.
For more tips, check out important Xbox One settings. If you’d like to start from scratch, you can also reset your Xbox One or 360.